Join Royal School of Needlework Tutor Amy Burt for this free 'taster' course and learn how to prepare your embroidery hoop before you begin stitching. This mini-course is a great place to start with our online courses, getting you familiar with our virtual classroom and giving you a glimpse into the experience of one of our longer courses. In the course, Amy will show you the equipment and techniques you need to wrap a ring frame, to give you the optimum tension on your fabric when stitching any design.
Please note that no kit is supplied with this course, and no physical product will be sent to you.
- Meet Your Tutor
- Wrapping the Ring Frame
- Discussion Board & Gallery: Interact with other learners in the course by asking questions, expressing your thoughts and inspirations, and sharing images of your work.
- Notes: Keep personal notes to help you with your work and the course content.
- Interactive Activities: Test your knowledge of the material you have covered.
- Video Lesson Running Time: 5 minutes. The videos in this course are available for you to watch via online streaming.
Great intro review by Theodora A. on 4/26/2019
Well organized. I'm intrigued to try more of the online courses. Very handy for those who can't attend in person.
Very clear and easy to follow review by Jacqui A. on 4/15/2019
Didn't realise until this that you were supposed to wrap both parts of the hoop, so thanks for putting me right!
Clear instructions review by Christine B. on 4/15/2019
Sometimes, a needlework task or technique seems to be an arbitrary extra step so it is appreciated that the "why" this is done is explained. Should make embroidery more enjoyable now!
Five stars review by Patricia E. on 4/15/2019
Thank you for this free tutorial, very clear and easy to follow :-)
Great review by Jojo H. on 3/7/2019
This short course was a great introduction to be able to hear the sound and see the video quality of the classes. I will be signing up for the shading class next.
Five stars review by Michelle H. on 11/9/2018
Five stars review by Steph P. on 10/25/2018
Very clear and well done review by Julie G. on 10/25/2018
Looking forward to starting Jacobean Crewelwork!
Five stars review by Coleen G. on 10/1/2018
Thanks for the tutorial.
Five stars review by Emma S. on 10/1/2018
Very well explained and simple to do.
Five stars review by Pamela U. on 9/17/2018
Five stars review by Vered J. on 9/14/2018
Shipping and delivery options and prices are provided at checkout based on the items in your basket and your location. For more information visit our Delivery Prices page.
If you have purchased a course you can access it immediately after your purchase.
- Click on “Login” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “My Account” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Workshops”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course button to the right to access your product.