Join RSN Tutor Becky Hogg for this Introduction to Goldwork course and learn how to stitch a beautiful hellebore flower design that feels both traditional and yet modern. In this course you will learn a variety of hand embroidery stitches including Herringbone Stitch, how to pad the fabric to give depth to your design, Couching, Cutwork, Chipping, how to plunge the ends of your metal threads and more. The kit that accompanies the course includes all the materials you need to create the embroidery with Becky. Along the way you'll learn about the most famous piece of Goldwork in existence and lots of helpful tips to ensure a professional finish.
- Meet Your Tutor
- Overview and Materials
- Applying the Backing
- Applying the Padding: Felt
- Applying the Padding: Soft String
- Brick Couching with Smooth Passing
- Brick Couching Variations
- Petal Veins with Pearl Purl
- Combining Pearl Purl and Passing
- Chipping for Flower Centre
- Cutwork for Leaflets
- Adding Spangles and Final Details
- Discussion Board & Gallery: Interact with other learners in the course by asking questions, expressing your thoughts and inspirations, and sharing images of your work.
- Notes: Keep personal notes to help you with your work and the course content.
- Interactive Activities: Test your knowledge of the material you have covered.
- Video Lesson Running Time: 160 minutes. The videos in this course are available for you to watch via online streaming.
- Silk fabric, pre-printed with the design
- Calico backing fabric
- Gold-coloured craft felt and templates
- Yellow soft string
- Gutermann sewing thread
- All the metal threads
- Embroidery and chenille needles
You will also need:
Watch for a Course Preview:
|Product Type||Course + Kit|
Magnificent review by Margareth on 8/17/2018
I can tick off one more item from my bucket list. It is not difficult but it is laborious and you need to pay much more attention than with other embroidery techniques and the little mistakes are difficult to hide. I really enjoyed it and I strongly recommend doing it. Thank you for making the basic pattern and a photo of the final project available. It helps a lot. Thank you for adding the login instructions in the kit. To measure the metal to be cut I found easier to use a sewing gauge, it avoided to recut the piece shorter. As the materials for this techniques are not widely available, it will be useful to have a list of possible suppliers in your web site. May be this is very obvious for you but it took me a while to find them in the internet.
Shipping and delivery options and prices are provided at checkout based on the items in your basket and your location. For more information visit our Delivery Prices page.
If you have purchased a course you can access it immediately after your purchase.
- Click on “Login” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “My Account” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Workshops”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course button to the right to access your product.