Join Royal School of Needlework Tutor Kate Barlow for this Introduction to Silk Shading course and learn how to stitch a realistic flower using a beautiful colour palette of threads. In this course you will learn a variety of hand embroidery stitches including split stitch, long and short stitch, bullion knots and French knots, how to blend colours, how to create depth in the design and more. The kit that accompanies the course includes all the materials you need to create the embroidery with Kate. During the course you'll learn about the process of creating your own designs for Silk Shading and lots of helpful Royal School of Needlework tips to ensure a professional finish.
- Meet Your Tutor
- Overview and Materials
- Bonding the Fabrics
- Layer 1 Petals
- Layer 1 Leaf
- Layer 2 Petals
- Layer 3 Petal and Stem
- Layer 4 Petals
- Layer 5 Centre
- Final Details
- Discussion Board & Gallery: Interact with other learners in the course by asking questions, expressing your thoughts and inspirations, and sharing images of your work.
- Notes: Keep personal notes to help you with your work and the course content.
- Interactive Activities: Test your knowledge of the material you have covered.
- Video Lesson Running Time: 167 minutes. The videos in this course are available for you to watch via online streaming.
- Silk fabric, pre-printed with the design
- Calico backing fabric
- DMC embroidery threads in the required shades
- Two sizes of embroidery needles
You will also need:
Watch a preview of Introduction to Silk Shading course:
|Product Type||Course + Kit|
Well worth it review by Sarah W. on 10/31/2018
Thoroughly enjoyed this workshop. Very clear and easy to follow. Learnt lots.
Excellent course review by Susan B. on 10/9/2018
Well explained.would like a more complicated flower,bird or animal.
Shipping and delivery options and prices are provided at checkout based on the items in your basket and your location. For more information visit our Delivery Prices page.
If you have purchased a course you can access it immediately after your purchase.
- Click on “Login” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “My Account” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Workshops”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course button to the right to access your product.