Join Royal School of Needlework Tutor Auburn Lucas for this Introduction to Whitework course and learn how to stitch an exquisite bee and honeycomb design using this traditional hand embroidery technique. In this course you will learn a variety of hand embroidery stitches including six different pulled and drawn thread techniques, stem stitch, split stitch, satin stitch, couching, trailing and eyelets. Auburn will show you everything you need to know to get started with Whitework embroidery in this exclusive online course. The kit that accompanies the course includes all the materials you need to create the embroidery with Auburn. During the course you'll learn all about Whitework as well as get lots of Royal School of Needlework tips to ensure a professional finish.
Please note that the course videos show Auburn stitching in blue thread for greater clarity in the demonstrations, but the kit is supplied with white threads.
- Meet Your Tutor
- Overview and Materials
- Transferring the Design
- Securing the Borders
- Pulled Thread Technique (wave stitch)
- Pulled Thread Variations (honeycomb stitch and cable stitch)
- Drawn Thread Technique (twisted bars)
- Drawn Thread Variations (hem stitch, knotted bars)
- Stem Stitching Borders
- Satin Stitching the Bee
- Couching the Legs
- Final Details
- Discussion Board & Gallery: Interact with other learners in the course by asking questions, expressing your thoughts and inspirations, and sharing images of your work.
- Notes: Keep personal notes to help you with your work and the course content.
- Interactive Activities: Test your knowledge of the material you have covered.
- Video Lesson Running Time: 182 minutes. The videos in this course are available for you to watch via online streaming.
- 36-count Edinburgh linen fabric
- Stranded cotton, coton a broder and tanne threads
- Tapestry, embroidery and chenille needles
- Stiletto tool
- Water-erasable pen
You will also need:
Watch a preview of Introduction to Whitework course:
|Product Type||Course + Kit|
Shipping and delivery options and prices are provided at checkout based on the items in your basket and your location. For more information visit our Delivery Prices page.
If you have purchased a course you can access it immediately after your purchase.
- Click on “Login” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “My Account” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Workshops”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course button to the right to access your product.