Join Royal School of Needlework Tutor Amy Burt for this Introduction to Canvaswork online embroidery course and learn how to stitch a striking toucan design using a wide range of Canvaswork techniques. In this course, you will learn a variety of hand embroidery stitches including Tent Stitch, Raised Spot, Gobelin Encroaching, Parisian Stitch, Hungarian Grounding and more. The kit that accompanies the course includes all the materials you need to create the embroidery with Amy. During the course, you'll learn about the history of Canvaswork as well as lots of tips to ensure a professional finish to your work.
- Meet Your Tutor
- Overview and Materials
- Transferring the Design
- Tent Stitch
- Raised Spot
- Oblong Double Tied Cross
- Gobelin Encroaching
- Double Straight Cross
- Parisian Stitch
- Hungarian Grounding
- Woven Wheel
- Irregular Byzantine
- Discussion Board & Gallery: Interact with other learners in the course by asking questions, expressing your thoughts and inspirations, and sharing images of your work.
- Notes: Keep personal notes to help you with your work and the course content. Interactive Activities: Test your knowledge of the material you have covered.
- Video Lesson Running Time: 101 minutes. The videos in this course are available for you to watch via online streaming.
- Tapestry Canvas
- Design template
- Fine-tipped marker pen
- Tapestry needles in 2 sizes
- Appletons wool and DMC stranded cotton in the required shades
- Gutermann sewing thread
You will also need:
Watch a preview of the Introduction to Canvaswork course:
|Product Type||Course + Kit|
Really clear review by Alison O. on 2/22/2019
The videos are really clear plus there are notes and tips; you receive a downloadable stitch guide too. And because you can watch Amy working the stitches in close-up as many times as you like, it feels really manageable.
Finished the Toucan review by Suzanne G. on 2/22/2019
I'm so happy about the result. Thanks, Amy Burt for a great online course.
Shipping and delivery options and prices are provided at checkout based on the items in your basket and your location. For more information visit our Delivery Prices page.
If you have purchased a course you can access it immediately after your purchase.
- Click on “Login” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “My Account” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Workshops”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course button to the right to access your product.